Uma Heller is a name that pops up frequently in the series “Only Murders in the Building.” Living in the Arconia and being a close companion to Bunny Folger, she’s portrayed by the talented Jackie Hoffman. Though Uma’s role in the storyline is minimal, often seeming insignificant, Hoffman’s fiery personality transforms her into a comical, albeit slightly abrasive, figure in the show. Uma’s sharp-tongued comments towards the main characters add a layer of relentless and delightfully engaging tension.
About Jackie Hoffman As Uma Heller In Only Murders In The Building
Born on November 29, 1960, in Queens, NYC, Jacqueline Laura Hoffman is a multifaceted American talent known for her acting, singing, and comedic skills.
Jackie’s life partner is Steven Smyth, a professional jazz trumpeter. He’s a Dublin native and has been part of the entertainment world for nearly two decades, playing with the band Big Bowl of Soul.
— Jackie Hoffman (@JackieHoffman16) August 1, 2023
Career, Movies, And TV
Jackie’s career is marked by various achievements and diverse roles:
- She spent eight years with the Second City group, earning the Legendary Joseph Jefferson Award.
- Her performance in “The Book of Liz” in 2001 won her an Obie Award.
- In 2002, she joined the Broadway musical “Hairspray” in multiple roles.
- From mid-2007 to late 2008, she played Calliope in “Xanadu” on Broadway.
- She humorously imitated Lady Gaga’s hit “Alejandro” in 2010.
- Jackie returned to Broadway in 2014 in “On the Town,” which ran until September 2015.
- She was in the cast of “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” from April 2017 to January 2018.
- In 2018, she performed in “Fiddler on the Roof” at the National Yiddish Theatre.
- In 2020, she voiced Nicky in the musical podcast “Propaganda!”
- Her filmography includes titles like “Kissing Jessica Stein,” “Garden State,” “Down,” “Queen Duck,” and more.
Her recent work includes 11 episodes in the Hulu series “Only Murders in the Building” during 2021-22, where she reprised her role as the amusingly sharp-tongued Uma Heller. The show has been extended for a second season, with Uma still in her role.
What Is Jackie Hoffman’s Net Worth?
Jacqueline Laura Hoffman’s financial worth is roughly calculated to be around $3 million as of now, reflecting her successful and diverse career in the entertainment industry.